Today, The Peninsula Chicago announces its updated Keys To The City program for 2017. Not only does a Peninsula guest room key open the door to an incredible room experience, the key “opens doors” to some of Chicago’s best and most popular destinations: a private tour and hands-on kitchen experience at the world-renowned, three-Michelin-starred Grace restaurant; a priority pass and complimentary guidebook to The Art Institute of Chicago; and amazing house seats to a favorite Broadway In Chicago performance are among just some of the offerings in the Keys To The City program. The best and brightest of Chicago’s unique offerings have been selected for Peninsula guests and carefully curated to provide one-of-a-kind experiences throughout the city, encompassing the highlights for which Chicago has become known, including: art, architecture, theatre, dining, shopping and attractions. Programs are designed to give guests an insight into the various cultures, arts, lifestyles, and cuisines of Chicago. Guests will have private access and VIP arrangements to enjoy these activities in ways not available to the general public.
Keys to the City Offers*:
The Art Institute of Chicago
One of the most renowned art museums in the world, The Art Institute of Chicago features 300,000 works of art in its permanent collection and has been home to Chicago’s vibrant arts and culture scene for many years.
· The Access: Guests have privileged access to the museum via a “VIP Pass” and will receive a complimentary guidebook
Broadway In Chicago
For guests interested in a rare theatre experience, Broadway In Chicago presents a full range of musicals and plays, and is best known for pre-Broadway productions.
· The Access: Guests will experience amazing house seats and complimentary private VIP amenities during intermission
Chicago’s First Lady Cruises and Mercury Cruises
· The Access: Guests will receive a complimentary drink on the Chicago Architecture Foundation River Cruise aboard Chicago’s First Lady OR guests will receive complimentary tickets for children 14 years and younger aboard any Mercury Cruise
360 Chicago Observation Deck
Located in the iconic John Hancock Center, on the cusp of Lake Michigan, 360 CHICAGO offers unparalleled day and night views of the city skyline and lakefront 1,000 feet above The Magnificent Mile.
- The Access: Guests will receive complimentary access to TILT as well as the “Sun and Stars” experience
Saks Fifth Avenue
Located adjacent to The Peninsula Chicago, Saks Fifth Avenue is a revered shopping destination along The Magnificent Mile.
- The Access: Guests will receive a private shopping session at Saks Fifth Avenue to include a designated dressing room with merchandise preferences waiting, customized refreshments, express complimentary alterations including delivery to their hotel room or free ground shipping, makeup touch-up and a complimentary beauty gift.
A notable dining spot inthe West Loop known for top-notch tasting menus and refined dishes, Grace received a Michelin three-star rating after its first year of operation. It has a special connection to The Peninsula Chicago because Chef Curtis Duffy and Grace partner Michael Muser met and worked together at The Peninsula Chicago’s Avenues restaurant, where they received their first Michelin rating.
· The Access: Guests will enjoy a private tour of the restaurant and wine cellar with Grace partner Michael Muser, spend 20 minutes in the kitchen working alongside Chef Duffy and the culinary team preparing an amuse-bouche, learning a technique or plating a dish, followed by enjoying a wine tasting in addition to the delicacy they prepared
Centennial Wheel at Navy Pier
Navy Pier’s Centennial Wheel is an iconic part of the Chicago skyline and a treasured piece of Chicago cultural history. Soaring to heights of nearly 200 feet, the Wheel offers visitors unparalleled, 360-degree views of Chicago and Lake Michigan.
· The Access: Guests will receive a “Fast Pass” to skip the lines and guaranteed access to the coveted, single, glass-bottom gondola
Chicago’s premier luxury chocolatier, Vosges Haut-Chocolat, was the first to combine exotic indigenous spices, herbs and liqueurs with premium, ethically sourced chocolate.
· The Access: Guests can reserve a private “Temple Tour” of the chocolate factory or an exclusive chocolate and wine experience at the Lincoln Park boutique
Chicago Helicopter Experience
Chicago Helicopter Experience provides a unique and spectacular way to see the city.
· The Access: Guests will receive preferred pricing for a private tour as well as a complimentary photo of the experience
The Field MuseumLocated inside The Field Museum, The Field Bistro offers locally grown fare and a variety of exclusive, local craft beers.
· The Access: Guests will receive VIP access to the museum and have the option to upgrade their experience with an exclusive craft beer and artisan cheese tasting at The Field Bistro, while kids can enjoy Dino cookies and milk with a souvenir glass
*Validity, Terms and Conditions
Keys to the City programs are valid now through December 2017, based on availability. All programs must be booked via the Concierge Desk and in most cases require advanced purchase via the hotel. Please call +1 (312) 573 6530 for reservations and inquiries.
About The Peninsula Chicago
The Peninsula Chicago is located on The Magnificent Mile at 108 East Superior Street (at Michigan Avenue), within the city’s premier shopping district. The 339-guest room hotel opened in 2001 and features three distinctive restaurants, a popular bar and a world-class spa. For information on The Peninsula Chicago, please visit www.peninsula.com/chicago.
# # #
About The Hongkong and Shanghai Hotels, Limited (HSH)
Incorporated in 1866 and listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange (00045), The Hongkong and Shanghai Hotels, Limited is the holding company of a Group which is engaged in the ownership, development, and management of prestigious hotels and commercial and residential properties in key locations in Asia, the United States and Europe, as well as the provision of tourism and leisure, club management and other services. The Peninsula Hotels portfolio comprises The Peninsula Hong Kong, The Peninsula Shanghai, The Peninsula Beijing, The Peninsula Tokyo, The Peninsula Bangkok, The Peninsula Manila, The Peninsula New York, The Peninsula Chicago, The Peninsula Beverly Hills, and The Peninsula Paris. Projects under development include The Peninsula London and The Peninsula Yangon. The property portfolio of the Group includes The Repulse Bay Complex, The Peak Tower and St. John’s Building in Hong Kong; The Landmark in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam; 1-5 Grosvenor Place in London, UK, and 21 avenue Kléber in Paris, France. The clubs and services portfolio of the Group includes The Peak Tram in Hong Kong; Thai Country Club in Bangkok, Thailand; Quail Lodge & Golf Club in Carmel, California; Peninsula Clubs and Consultancy Services, Peninsula Merchandising, and Tai Pan Laundry in Hong Kong.
For further information, please contact:
Ms Susan Ellefson
Director of Public Relations
The Peninsula Chicago
108 East Superior Street
Chicago, IL 60611
Telephone: +1 (312) 573 6616
Fax: +1 (312) 573 6612
News Room: www.peninsula.com/chicago_newsroom